Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Farewell to Winter

Even though my last fall and winter were very busy with the development of my new permanent studio in the Torpedo Factory Art Center (Alexandria, VA), I couldn't miss this season and not to create another winter piece. I didn't have enough time to design something like Lone Snowflake Necklace:


Lone Snowflake Necklace by Zoya Gutina

that made the First place in Ice Queen Challenge held by Bead Mavens, and idea to create a smaller necklace came to me. So, I went to Artbeads.com...


Then I narrowed my search to pendants... Good choice! But I had to go further, and my search for pendant crystals gave me the result I was in need of.


I decided, just two sorts of beads: TOHO 11/0 clear transparent and TOHO 15/0 black. In addition to that, amazing coral-like Coral Crystal pendants by Swarovski I found out on Artbeads.com became a perfect match to "coral brunches" woven using seed beads.



What about focal? I continued my search and discovered on the site a beautiful Flat Baroque Pendant Crystal by Swarovski, that looked like a flower, frozen in ice! Done! I believe you can guess the name of the necklace: Flower, Frozen in Ice.

Disclosure. Being a reviewer of Artbeads.com products and a participant of its blogging program I received Swarovski crystal pendants free of charge. This post reflects my honest opinion; and Artbeads.com is not compensating me for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

cubic zirconia jewelry said...

Beautiful jewelry, hope you will share some more.

Anonymous said...

rajrang
Your jewels are so beautiful, rich and balanced, many congrats!

Harry Winston Engagement Rings said...

Sparking, I love your work

Beauty Care said...

your work reflects your superb creativity!

Liha
beadsparkle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What color beads do you use in the Lone Snowflake piece? I was thinking it was pearl-lined AB?

Zoya Gutina said...

There are natural pearls and seed beads of different white shades and vintage Italian bugle bead. Some seed bead types are silver-lined.