Monday, October 18, 2010

Go green with Mzuribeads!

Got tired of traditional glass beads? If you're looking for new and unusual materials, you can find them on Mzuribeads.com. Mzuribeads is one of the many inspirational projects moving away from charitable aid, and onto the concept of business enterprise for sustainable income and development.


Mzuribeads paper beaders live in the village of Ndejje, Uganda, where they roll paper beads from strips of recycled magazines and posters. Prior to the founding of Mzuribeads, four of the women had been trained and were working to sell products through a defunct organization. These four women left then this organization with knowledge of the paper bead, but little idea of how this skill could support their lives.


Mzuribeads aim to generate a sustainable income by endeavoring to offer our customers ethical beads and the most fashionable and latest fashion accessory trends. This involves a large focus on quality control, design, and seasonable colors.


Mzuribeads makes beads not only from recycled paper, but also from cow horn, barkcloth, banana leaves, recycled glass; so you can GO GREEN with Mzuribeads!


Designing my Ethnic Fest Necklace, I used a memory wire blank necklace wrapped up with fabric resembling autumn leaves. Different Mzuribeads and seed beads, free-form as technique, and I'm done! It doesn't seem to be difficult, give it a try, and I wish you good luck!

Disclosure. Being a reviewer of Mzuribeads.com products and a participant of its blogging program I received Ugandan handmade beads free of charge. This post reflects my honest opinion; and Mzuribeads.com is not compensating me for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

Szikati said...

What a fantastic idea!!!!
I love it!!!!!

Zoya Gutina said...

Thank you! :)

Maria Laara said...

Omg.
thats nice Thanks for sharing..
seed pearls

Zoya Gutina said...

Thank you, Maria!

Hedgehog in the Fog said...

A week ago i went to Green Festival in Washington DC and got myself a bagfool of these beads, my little creation made out of them is in process. Your necklace is gorgeous. It inspired me to create more eco-friendly cute looking things:) Thank you.

Anniversary Rings Diamond said...

The neklace is really fine..Very natural looking.. Thank for sharing with us.